Providing treatment of toe, heel, foot and ankle pain and problems since 1992
Our award-winning Northwest Indiana podiatrist practice began providing treatment of toe, heel, foot and ankle pain and problems in 1992 – over 25 years ago in Gary, Indiana! We welcome you to explore our podiatry website and learn about our friendly State of Indiana licensed podiatrists or our toe, foot and ankle doctors and our friendly team members (click here), and our many heel pain, foot pain, toe pain and ankle pain treatment options – from conservative care to foot or ankle surgery.
Once you get to know our Crown Point / Northwest Indiana podiatry practice, we believe you’ll see our goal is to work with you to alleviate heel pain, foot pain, toe pain and ankle pain and most importantly, create the best experience possible for podiatrist (foot, toe and ankle doctor) treatment (or foot or ankle surgery) in Northwest Indiana — and even beyond!
Dr. Nirenberg or “Dr. Mike” as patients call him, has assisted law enforcement, including the FBI, on homicide cases involving foot-related evidence (such as footprints) and gait analysis and his assistance has helped convict murders. His foot and ankle expertise has been sought by numerous media sources, including USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, WBBM radio and FOX News (click here to read news stories).
Adults, children, teenagers and older adults from Northwest Indiana (and farther!) travel to our award-winning conveniently located Crown Point podiatrist Northwest Indiana foot and ankle practice.Our podiatry practice is conveniently located with ample parking on Broadway in Crown Point, just a block from Merrillville, Indiana — and we have Free Wifi!
If you need an Indiana foot or ankle doctor or podiatrist in Schererville, in Munster, in Merrillville, or a podiatrist in Dyer, podiatrist in Valparaiso, in East Chicago, in Portage, in Winfield, or a podiatrist in Gary, or a podiatrist in Highland, or a podiatrist in Cedar Lake, or a podiatrist in St. John, in Michigan City, in Lowell, in Hobart, in Wheatfield, or a podiatrist in Hammond, in DeMotte, or a podiatrist in Griffith, in Lafayette, or in Chesterton or even in La Porte, our foot and ankle treatment is worth the drive! (Click Here for directions). Or Google top podiatrists near me or top podiatrist in Northwest Indiana and we are sure you will find us!
Award-Winning Podiatrist Care for Northwest Indiana
That’s right, our Northwest Indiana podiatry practice — foot and ankle doctor practice — of Crown Point won the NWI Times and Post-Tribune awards for “Best Podiatrist” and “Best of the Region” an astounding nine times! In our humble opinion, we believe these newspapers are right: our foot and ankle doctors ARE the best (and we have some wonderful patient reviews you can read by clicking here).
More than being voted “Best Podiatrist,” our podiatrist Northwest Indiana (and Crown Point) podiatry practice offers you superb, state-of-the-art expert (and friendly!) heel, foot and ankle treatment, including digital x-rays (less radiation and better quality), laser surgery and endoscopic heel pain relief. Whether you have an ankle sprain, nerve pain (neuropathy) or foot fracture or a toenail problem, we have a foot and ankle doctor who can provide you expert treatment for your heel, foot or ankle pain.
If you are searching for a podiatrist “near me” visit us! We may not be the nearest “near me” podiatrist but we are worth driving a bit more. We are easy to find and even though not the nearest “near me” podiatrist, we will do our best to help you.
Our award-winning Northwest Indiana podiatrist office is located in Crown Point
if you need urgent foot treatment or urgent ankle treatment call us and we will work to try to get a podiatry appointment fast.
Foot & Ankle Problems Our Podiatrist Northwest Indiana Office Treats, Includes:
- Heel pain including plantar fasciitis and a heel spur
- Bunion, bunions, bunion pain (big toe pain, big toe arthritis) & bunion surgery
- Ingrown Toenail, infected toenail, infected ingrown toenail, thick, ugly toenail (fungus, fungal toenails)
- Nerve problems (numbness, burning or tingling in the foot and neuroma pain)
- Foot pain treatment and foot surgery
- Ankle pain treatment (ankle sprain treatment) and ankle surgery
- Arch pain and plantar fasciitis treatment
- Pain in the ball of the foot (including neuroma pain, metatarsalgia or metatarsal pain)
- Arthritis pain in the big toe joint & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Wart or multiple warts on the foot (plantar warts)
- Spur or heel spur issues
- Achilles tendon pain and Achilles tendon tear and bursitis of the heel
- Callous or callouses (especially a callous on the ball of the foot)
- Sports injury foot or ankle (ankle sprain, ankle injury, twisted ankle, foot injury)
- Corn or corns (especially a corn on the toe or between toes)
- Running injury, running foot problem, running pain (sports injury of the foot or ankle)
- Toe pain (including a hammertoe deformity and toe pain and hammertoe surgery)
- Diabetes, Diabetic foot, diabetic foot infection, diabetic shoes, diabetic foot care
- Fungus or fungal toenail problems (and other toenail problems or painful toenail)
- Pinched nerve in the foot (and neuroma) and neuropathy (diabetic neuropathy)
- Flat feet (falling arch or fallen arches) and high arched feet
- Burning, numbness, tingling (nerve pain) or tarsal tunnel surgery
- HyProCure flatfoot surgery, fallen arch implant procedure (talotarsal surgery)
- Charcot foot treatment or charcot arthropathy (diabetic foot treatment)
- Scar tissue, scar pain of the foot or ankle
- Top of foot pain or ball of foot pain
- Ankle sprain treatment and ankle pain treatment
- Ankle injury treatment
- Foot injury treatment
- In-toeing and out-toeing and flatfeet (common in children)
- Tendon problems and tendon tears (and posterior tibial tendon pain and dysfunction)
- Ankle sprain and ankle fracture treatment (ankle pain, ankle weakness)
- Hammer toe, Hammertoe (painful toe, deformed toe, corn on toe)
- Neuroma pain (or Morton’s neuroma) intermetatarsal neuroma, nerve pain, pinched nerve
- Cyst, mass, lesion, bump, wart or “lump” in the foot or ankle, swelling
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome, pinched nerve and nerve entrapment pain
- Neuropathy (diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, nerve pain, numbness)
- Ankle sprain, ankle weakness or ankle “gives out” or ankle sprain
- Children’s feet or the child’s foot (pediatric foot problems)
- Athlete’s foot problems and fungal toenail or thick, black toenail
- Flatfeet treatment and surgery, including the HyProCure procedure
- Gout or gout attack
- Foot infections and foot wound or foot ulcer (diabetes or poor circulation)
- Gout and swelling in the foot or ankle or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Athletes, including running foot pain and running injury
- Toenail pain and thick toenail or black toenail
- Foot fracture, ankle fracture, toe fracture (“broken bone”)
- Foot surgery second opinion and ankle surgery second opinion
- Foot Injury and ankle injury, ankle pain and sports injury
- Ankle sprain or ankle feels unstable, ankle weakness or ankle “gives out”
- Fitting for custom-made orthotics (arch supports) and diabetic shoes
- Hammertoe, Hammer toe, Claw toe, Mallet toe, Crooked toe
- Dr. Lee Dellon nerve release surgery, neuropathy, neuroma, tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Flatfeet and talotarsal dislocation treated with HyProCure procedure
- Pain in big toe joint or arthritis of big toe joint or deformed big toe
- Metatarsalgia (pain in ball of foot) or stress fracture, foot fracture
- Tailor bunion or bunionette (and tailor bunion surgery or bunionette surgery)
- Limping or walking abnormal, including ankle weakness and dropfoot
- Foot surgery, ankle surgery, toe surgery and nerve surgery
People with foot problems or ankle pain or problems see our foot and ankle doctors from all of Northwest Indiana. If you need a podiatrist (foot and ankle doctor) in Northwest Indiana or in Valparaiso, in Dyer, in Crown Point, in Merrillville, in Schererville, in Griffith, in Gary, in St. John, in Portage, in Schererville, in Highland, in Lowell, in Chesterton, in Cedar Lake, in Wheatfield, in Kouts, in Hobart, in Hammond, in Munster, in Lafayette, in Michigan City, in Kouts, in East Chicago or in Valparaiso, Indiana, La Porte, or Chicago, our foot and ankle doctors are worth the drive!
Located on Broadway in Crown Point
Our podiatry office is easy to find on Broadway, just south of the old VA Clinic in Crown Point, just outside of Merrillville (click here for directions). We have ample parking and we believe the drive out to us is worth it – after all, we have been blessed with the area’s “Best Podiatrist” award eight times! (And if you are a Twitter addict, we offer Free Wifi!)
Our podiatrist — foot and ankle doctor — office provides treatment for all of Northwest Indiana (Lake County and Porter County). If you need a foot or ankle doctor or podiatrist in Valparaiso, Indiana, or a podiatrist in Merrillville, or a podiatrist in Schererville, or a podiatrist in Dyer, or a foot specialist or podiatrist in Gary, or a podiatrist or foot specialist in St. John, or a podiatrist in Highland, or a foot doctor or podiatrist in Cedar Lake, or a foot doctor or podiatrist in Griffith, or a podiatrist in Hobart, or a podiatrist in Hammond, or a podiatrist in Munster, or a podiatrist in Lafayette, or a podiatrist in Michigan City, La Porte, or a foot or ankle doctor in East Chicago or a foot or ankle doctor in Valparaiso, we are close, convenient and worth the drive!
We Accept Most Insurance
Our podiatrist Northwest Indiana office — foot and ankle doctor office — accepts most insurance, including Workers Compensation (Workman’s Compensation), Anthem, United Health Care, Cigna, Humana, UHC, Blue Cross Blue Shield BC/BS, Aetna, UHC, UMR, Unicare, Laborers, Highmark and more (click here for more information).
No Insurance? We Accept Cash
Nowadays many people do not have insurance or have poor insurance – our Northwest Indiana podiatrist office understands – we work with you! If you have a high-deductible insurance plan or no insurance (or you are under insured) and need to pay cash, our podiatrist Northwest Indiana office (foot and ankle doctor office) accepts cash payments and we offer an affordable cash price for most foot and ankle treatment or foot and ankle surgery, including ingrown toe nail surgery, foot orthotics and foot or ankle surgery. We accept all major credit cards, too!
Most importantly, should you need an affordable, low-cost cash price or cash option or payment plan, we will work with you to make your podiatry treatment (foot or ankle treatment) affordable!
Our Practice Helps All!
Our award-winning friendly podiatrist Northwest Indiana practice provides state-of-the-art care for patients from all of Northwest Indiana.
Our Podiatrist Northwest Indiana office’s special treatment you can expect includes:
- Laser surgery for plantar warts and other foot and ankle problems.
- Our foot doctors use tiny minimal incision arthroscopic surgery for foot and ankle arthritis.
- Our Podiatrist Northwest Indiana practice specializes in bunions and bunion treatment and bunion surgery.
- Revolutionary PRP (platelet rich plasma) treatment for heel, foot, ankle, and Achilles tendon pain. Click Here.
- Electronic Medical Records (securely encrypted) with online “portal” access.
- Heel pain and plantar fasciitis treated with the hi-tech Endoscopic Release Procedure.
- I.V. Sedation or “twilight sleep” is available for our foot surgery and ankle surgery Northwest Indiana patients.
- State of the art circulation (vascular) testing to check for poor circulation problems.
- Specialized diagnostic foot and ankle ultrasound to accurately diagnosis podiatric problems.
- Our foot doctors often use “plastic surgery” techniques often in surgery – this means the scar is typically less visible.
- In-office digital x-ray, specifically designed for computerized analysis of heel pain, arch pain, and foot and ankle problems.
- Our podiatrists are skilled at alleviating nerve problems, neuroma and neuropathy.
- HyproCure flatfoot surgery (HyproCure correction for flatfeet) for children and adults with flatfeet
- Swiss technique available for bunions, toe problems (including a hammertoe) and minimal incision surgery.
- Specialize in heel pain, arch pain, toe pain, ball of foot pain (neuroma pain), bunion pain, big toe pain, and hammertoe pain.
- As foot surgeons and ankle surgeons, our podiatrists surgically use artificial skin grafts and antibiotic impregnated beads to treat diabetic foot infections and a foot sore or wound, especially for diabetic infections (persons with diabetes or poor circulation).
- Our podiatrist office is open Saturday and evening appointments are available.
- Convenient Northwest Indiana location on Broadway, just south of the VA Clinic and across from Ace Hardware in Crown Point.
- Our conveniently located podiatrist Northwest Indiana office in Crown Point has ample parking, handicap access and easy to find.
- Most insurance and Workers Compensation accepted.
- All major credit cards accepted. We offer cash prices and affordable payment plans.
- If you need urgent foot treatment or a podiatrist in Crown Point, in Lowell, in Merrillville, podiatrist in Schererville, in Dyer, in St. John, in Cedar Lake, in podiatrist or foot doctor in Valparaiso, in Kouts, in Demotte, in Wheatfield, in East Chicago, in Gary, in Munster, in Portage, in Lafayette, in St. John, in Michigan City, in Hammond, in Hobart or in Northwest Indiana, call us today!
- We treat ingrown toenails, flat feet (fallen arches), heel pain, big toe pain & arthritis, corns, callouses, Achilles tendon & more!
- Diabetic custom made arch support (foot orthotics) and diabetic shoes
- Our Indiana licensed foot surgeons provide expert foot surgery second opinion and ankle surgery second opinion evaluations
- Voted Best Podiatrist by the Post-Tribune and Best of the Region by the NWI Times.
Whether you have heel pain, a sports injury or an ankle sprain, if you need a podiatrist in Valparaiso, or foot doctor in Valparaiso or a podiatrist or ankle doctor in Merrillville, podiatrist in Schererville, podiatrist in Griffith, podiatrist in Dyer, podiatrist in Gary, podiatrist in Portage, podiatrist in St. John, podiatrist in Schererville, podiatrist in Highland, podiatrist in Cedar Lake, Hobart, Hammond, Munster, Michigan City, La Porte, East Chicago or Valparaiso call us today or
OUR CLIENTS TESTIMONIALS
Since day one when I stepped into the Friendly Foot Care facility I was welcomed with a friendly smile. Dr Nirenberg and his staff are awesome. The care that I have been given is beyond words. I would recommend Friendly Foot Care to anyone. Keep up the good work and keep smiling.
“I heard about Dr. Nirenberg from a friend. They got me in to see him the next day. He was very nice and the office people were also nice – and FRIENDLY, just like their name! My heel had been killing me forever and now it’s much better. I am walking so much more. I tell everyone about this place!”
“I had been to three foot doctors before I found Friendly Foot Care. Dr. Nirenberg listened to me and was extremely caring and thorough with my medical care. I finally have hope that I can walk without pain. His staff is excellent and always gentle. I have already recommended Friendly Foot Care to friends with foot problems. You can trust Dr. Nirenberg.”
“Dr. Nirenberg and his staff are incredible. I was having problems with my ankle and foot due to pronation. Dr. Nirenberg was able to fit me with an orthotic and I feel like new. I highly recommend Friendly Foot Care!!!”
“Dr. Nirenberg is a wonderful Foot Doctor. My whole family goes to him. Not only is Dr. Nirenberg the best foot doctor his staff is awesome. They are so helpful and nice.”
Dr Nierenberg helps me manage my total healthcare by alerting me if issues I needed to address immediately I thank god for him he caught something none of my other specialists noticed and informed me right away so that I could get the matter addressed. Then he followed.up to ensure that the matter is addressed. He is genuinely caring & concerned about my life. I am truly thankful May god continue to bless you & your family much love peace & blessings 😇
Lester & Gloria Burkart
“Dr. Nirenberg, We are deeply indebted to you for the compassion and financial help that you have shown to us. We feel that God guides us to people like you who have so much compassion in their heart. Thank you!”
“If there is anything above an A-ONE rating for excellence, please let me know and I will include it in my rating of the services that I have received from the entire staff.”
“As always, this visit like all others was great. The office girls are always smiling, friendly and helpful. From pre-surgery to post-surgery you cared, answered all my questions, calmed my fears, and went above and beyond Thank you for making something pleasant that could be otherwise!”
“Dr. Nirenberg is wonderful and I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs foot care. He showed great care with my issues and was easy to talk with. I give him 2 thumbs up!”
“Both doctors have has taken great care of my foot problems. After 2 years of care, I ended up having surgery and it went well. I did not need any pain medication! I recommended Friendly Foot Care to my many friends and family members.”
“I have been to thousands of doctors. This may sound like B.S., but the girls here are the friendliest, nicest, and prettiest I have ever been associated with! The doctors aren’t too bad either.”
“I love this office. Everyone is friendly. I would and have recommended this place to many others.”
Pierette A. Evans
“I really love the service and care provided by my doctor and the staff. Keep up the good work!”
“The doctor and staff are amazing. I have been going to the office for 4 years now and my treatment has been excellent. I would recommend Friendly Foot Care to anyone in need of a podiatrist.”
“I love Friendly Foot Care – the staff is great, and Drs. Nirenberg & Lacey are sweet, friendly, and very handsome!”
“Dr. Nirenberg is the best Podiatrist I ever had. He does everything he can to help. I have seen a post once where someone did not like the office staff because they would not chat with her while she waited to go back in the treatment, the staff is not there to talk to us except to say hello and check us in otherwise they are there to work. Everyone there is friendly, why else would it be called Friendly Foot Care. I will tell everyone I know and if someone asks me I will always refer them to Friendly Foot Care.”
“I have been a patient of Friendly Foot Care for 3 years now and have only good things to report! The front office staff, nurses, and physicians are friendly and thorough. The knowledge of Dr. Nirenberg surpasses my expectations. He does not “settle” until he resolves the issue at hand. If you are looking for a qualified podiatrist, Friendly Foot Care comes highly recommended!”
“They doctors are the very best. Wouldn’t go anywhere else for my foot care. Thanks all of you. The office staff are fantastic as well.”
“I have been going to see Dr. Nirenberg for awhile. I am so impressed with his work as well as his friendly staff. He has performed a few surgeries on my foot. I drive an hour to see this wonderful doctor. Him and his staff live up to the name ” Friendly Footcare”. If you have any feet problems I recommend this facility. There aren’t enough stars for their outstanding work. “