Foot & Ankle/Podiatrist Malpractice, Personal Injury, & Forensic Podiatry Expert Witness Support
Michael Nirenberg, D.P.M., B.Sc., B.A.
Clinical & Forensic Podiatrist – Nationwide Expert Witness support for Podiatrist Malpractice, Foot/Ankle Injuries, and Forensic Podiatry.
Dr. Nirenberg is one of a few podiatrists in the U.S. who is both a clinical and forensic podiatrist. This rare skill-set provides sharp expert witness insight into podiatry malpractice cases, foot & ankle injuries, and forensic podiatry criminal cases.
Trial (and Daubert standard) tested, Dr. Nirenberg offers podiatry expert witness case review skill in:
- Podiatry/podiatrist malpractice cases
- Foot or ankle surgery/treatment by a podiatrist (podiatric physician)
- Foot surgery malpractice
- Foot/ankle injury cases
- Personal injury foot/ankle claims
- Workers compensation foot/ankle accidents
- Product liability foot/ankle injury claims
- Forensic Podiatry analysis of foot evidence at crime scenes
- Shoes or footwear
- Gait of a criminal on video (forensic gait analysis)
- Foot/ankle malpractice case review
- Foot or ankle surgery/treatment by an orthopedic surgeon, emergency room, nurse, family doctor, wound care clinic, urgent care center and others
Dr. Nirenberg provides expert witness podiatrist case review for podiatry/podiatrist malpractice cases (foot/ankle treatment & surgery), personal injury foot/ankle injury cases, and forensic podiatry cases (analysis of a criminal’s footprints/shoes/gait on surveillance video). Dr. Nirenberg takes an honest, unbiased, open-minded approach to analyzing evidence.
Podiatry malpractice case expert witness review or foot surgery malpractice expert witness review involves Dr. Nirenberg evaluating a podiatry case or podiatrist’s treatment or surgery of the foot or ankle for malpractice or negligence. Foot and ankle malpractice cases may involve other medical doctors or specialists (besides a podiatrist), such as an orthopedic surgeon, wound care doctor, emergency room physician or family physician.
Podiatry/Podiatrist Malpractice, Injury and Forensic Podiatry Expert Witness Review of Foot & Ankle Cases
Whether analyzing foot or ankle podiatry malpractice cases, personal injury claims, workers compensation accidents, or a criminal’s footprint, shoes or gait (on surveillance video), Dr. Nirenberg is a podiatry expert witness who provides the public, injured persons, and defense and plaintiff parties with strong, intelligent arguments.
Dr. Nirenberg also provides case management, peer review, and malpractice evaluation of podiatry/podiatrist foot and ankle surgery complications, including gangrene, infection, septic arthritis, bunion and toe deformities, non-unions, need for additional surgery, chronic pain (including CRPS/RSDS), nerve injury and amputation.
Podiatrist/Podiatry Malpractice Expert Witness Case Review
Dr. Nirenberg is a trial-tested foot & ankle podiatry witness podiatrist who has defeated a Daubert standard legal challenge and comes to court well-prepared. He is thorough, unbiased and explains foot and ankle medical information to juries (and you!) in a simple, easy to understand manner.
Attorneys, insurers, case managers and individuals of the general public who require expert witness case review/evaluation of podiatry/podiatrist malpractice, foot/ankle malpractice, foot/ankle injuries, or poor foot/ankle surgery outcomes can count on Dr. Nirenberg’s expert witness podiatry case evaluation assistance.
Podiatry/Podiatrist Foot/Ankle Malpractice Cases
Dr. Nirenberg provides expert witness foot/ankle malpractice and podiatry/podiatrist malpractice case review for almost all foot and ankle related problems, including:
- Foot surgery
- Ankle surgery
- Heel surgery
- Toe surgery
- Bunion surgery
- Surgery complications
- Tendon surgery
- Fusion surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Septic arthritis
- Wound Care
- Foot Fracture
- Ankle Fracture
- Cancer of the foot
- RSDS (reflex sympathetic dystrophy)
- Cast Complications
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Toe Nail Surgery
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Nerve Entrapment/Injury
- Wrong-Foot Surgery
- CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)
- Poor Circulation/Vascular Disease
- Wrongful Death
- Medication Errors
- Bone Infection (osteomyelitis)
- Flat Foot Surgery
- Subtalar joint surgery
- Narcotic/Pain Medication Addiction
- Fat Pad Atrophy
Need Help Deciding If You Have a Foot/Ankle or Podiatry/Podiatrist Malpractice Case
- Attorneys and Insurers
- Whether you are defense or plaintiff oriented, Dr. Nirenberg will give you a straight-forward, honest assessment of the strengths/weaknesses of your podiatry/podiatrist malpractice case/claim (foot/ankle malpractice case/claim).
- If you are ready to put Dr. Nirenberg’s 23+ years of podiatry/podiatrist foot and ankle medical and surgical experience to work for you, contact him at email@example.com or call (219)663-2273 today.
- To see Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry/podiatrist credentials, please click here or read on.
- Persons Who May Have Had Malpractice
- If you believe you may have a foot or ankle malpractice case, Dr. Nirenberg will perform a thorough review of your case for a reasonable fee. To put his foot/ankle expertise to work for you today email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Nirenberg thoroughly reviews foot and ankle injuries, accidents and workers compensation claims that require expert witness podiatry/podiatrist case/claim analysis.
Foot and Ankle Injuries and Accidents
Dr. Nirenberg provides podiatric expert witness foot and ankle review of nearly all foot and ankle related injuries and accidents, including:
- Ankle sprains
- Foot or ankle fractures
- CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)
- Foot or ankle dislocations
- Trauma, including car accidents
- Contusions and projectile injury
- Slip and falls
- Tendon tears (tendon injury)
- Beauty Salon or Pedicure Claims
- Ligament tears (ligament injury)
- Compression/crush injury
- Vascular impairment
- Nerve damage/nerve injury
- Vehicle accidents
- Scar tissue
- Lis franc fracture
- Product Liability
- Workers Compensation
Forensic Podiatry Expert Witness Analysis of Footprints, Shoes & Gait
Dr. Nirenberg provides expert witness analysis of criminal and forensic cases involving footprints, shoes (footwear) or human foot remains. As a forensic podiatrist expert witness, he assists law enforcement and attorneys throughout the country, and he has lectured extensively, including to a division of the Department of Homeland Security.
Dr. Nirenberg also provides forensic gait analysis of criminals captured on surveillance video. Forensic gait analysis can link (or unlink) a criminal on video to a suspect by comparing distinctive characteristics of the perpetrator’s and suspect’s gait (how they walk).
- The Northwest Indiana Times Best of the Region “Best Podiatrist” recipient, awarded for years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- The Post-Tribune Neighborhood Choice Award: “Best Podiatrist” recipient, awarded for years 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Distinguished Podiatric Medical Writing Award, bestowed by the American Podiatric Medical Writers Association, May 1991.
- Board of Directors: American Society of Forensic Podiatry, 2006 – Present.
- Only Podiatry Student Published in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association without a Physician-Coauthor: Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, May, 1989.
- Podiatric Surgical Residency Instructor: St. Mary Medical Center/ MHC Surgery Center Podiatric Surgical Residency, 1992 – 2007.
- Board Certified in Podiatry and Surgery, 2006 – Present.
- Forensic Podiatry Subcommittee Member, International Association for Identification, 2008.
- Podiatric “Seal of Approval” Committee Member: American Podiatric Medical Association, 2008 – 2010.
- Physician Service Award recipient, bestowed by St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, Indiana, 1997, 2002, 2012.
- Podiatric Physician Student Mentor, American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine, 2008 –Present.
- Nirenberg M.S., “Avoiding Missteps With Foot and Ankle Injuries,” Workers’ Compensation, June/July 2015, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 38-40.
- Nirenberg M.S., “Meeting a Forensic Podiatry Admissibility Challenge: A Daubert Case Study,” Journal of Forensic Sciences (forthcoming).
- Nirenberg M.S., “Book Review: Forensic Podiatry: Principles and Methods,” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, May 2014, Vol. 104, No. 3, pp. 313-314.
- Nirenberg M.S. “Walk Better To Get Fit Faster,” Walk About Magazine, Colorado, January 2012.
- Nirenberg M.S., “New Method of Examining the Inside of Footwear,” Journal of Forensic Identification, June 2008, Volume 58, Number 3, pp. 297-304.
- Nirenberg M.S. (with Vernon, Brodie, DiMaggio, Gunn, Kelly, Reel, Walker), “Forensic podiatry: role and scope of practice (In the context of forensic human identification),” International Association for Identification, August 20, 2009.
- Nirenberg M.S. “Barefoot Running: A Podiatrist’s Perspective,” The Barefoot Running Book, 2nd Ed., August 2010.
- Nirenberg, M.S., Carroll, “Atypical Gout in the Foot Secondary to Primary Hyperparathyroidism,” The Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, May/June 2007.
- Nirenberg M.S., “Foot Notes: Choosing Shoes for Children” Northwest Indiana Parent Magazine, July 2008.
- Nirenberg, M.S. (with Leavitt, Wood, Yong), “Titanium Hemi-Great Toe Implant: A Preliminary Study of Its Efficacy,” The Journal of Foot Surgery, May/June 1991 Volume 30, Number 3, pp. 289-293.
- Nirenberg, M.S., “Forensic Methods and the Podiatric Physician,” The Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, May 1989, Volume 79, Number 5, pp. 247-252.
Lectures and Presentations
- “Workplace Foot & Ankle Injuries: Diagnosis, Treatment and Return to Work,” (with H. Minhas) Indiana Workers Compensation Institute, Merrillville, IN, June 24, 2015.
- “Footprint Forensics: Height, Gender, Weight & Identifying Criminals,” Northwestern University, Center for Talent Development, Chicago, IL, May 11, 2015.
- “Footprint and Footwear Analysis for State Police,” Indiana State Police, Lowell, IN, April 21, 2015.
- “Principles of Foot-Related Evidence for Attorneys,” Lake County Prosecutor’s Office, Hobart, IN, April 8, 2015.
- “Footprint Evidence Principles for Crime Scene Technicians,” Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Personnel, Munster, IN, February 28, 2015.
- “Forensic Podiatry: How Footprints, Footwear and Gait Can Convict Criminals,” Lincoln-Way High School, Frankfort, IL, October 4, 2013.
- “Forensic Podiatry: What Criminal Justice Students Should Know About Foot-Related Evidence,” Indiana University Northwest, Gary, IN, March 21, 2011.
- “Forensic Podiatry: The Basics of Footprint and Shoe Forensics,” Purdue University, IN, November 2011.
- “Arthritis Foundation ‘Walk With Ease’ Class Instructor,” Munster Parks District, Munster, IN, 2013.
- “Forensic Podiatry: An Introduction to Footprints, Feet and Footwear for Undergraduate Students,” Valparaiso University, IN, November 9, 2010.
- “Foot and Ankle Problems: An Introduction for Salon Professionals,” Crown College of Cosmetology, Crown Point, April 2010; Don Roberts Cosmetology School, August 2010.
- “Arthritic Pain and Problems in the Foot & Ankle,” Arthritis Foundation of Greater Chicago, Crown Point, IN, October 10, 2010.
- “Podiatric Medicine,” Indiana University Northwest, IN, November 17, 2009.
- “Diabetes and Foot Health,” Methodist Hospital, Gary, IN, July 2009.
- “Forensic Podiatry: Footprint and Footwear Analysis for Law Enforcement,” Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, Hobart, IN, April 2008.
- “Forensic Podiatry: How Feet Can Convict Criminals,” Indiana Podiatric Medical Association, Indianapolis, IN, September 20, 2008.
- “Forensic Podiatry: The Newest IAI Discipline,” The International Association for Identification’s 93rd International Educational Conference, Louisville, KY, August 19, 2008.
- “Shoes and Footprints in Forensic Medicine,” Footprints & Shoeprints Forensic Seminar, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, June 28, 2008.
- “Footwear Sizing in Forensic Medicine,” Footprints & Shoeprints Seminar, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, June 28, 2008.
- “Breakthrough Treatments for Arthritis in the Feet,” Arthritis Foundation of Greater Chicago, May 1, 2008.
- “Forensic Podiatry: Essentials of Footprint and Footwear Evidence for Law Enforcement,” Northwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, Hobart, IN, April 2008.
- “CSI Podiatry: What Podiatrists Need to Know to Help Law Enforcement,” Midwest Podiatry Conference, Chicago, IL, March 30, 2008.
- “Forensic Podiatry: Information on Feet, Footprints and Footwear for Law Enforcement,” The Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center, a division of Homeland Security, December 11, 2007.
- “Foot and Ankle Problems: An Introduction for Salon Professionals,” Excel Academy of Cosmetology, November 15, 2007.
- “Forensic Podiatry: What Law Enforcement Should Know About Footprint and Footwear Evidence,” Lake County Detectives, Lake County, IN, September 20, 2007
- Featured Speaker, 14th Annual Indiana Division of the International Association for Identification Educational Conference of Forensic Investigation, Examination and Identification, “Forensic Podiatry – What Investigators Need To Know About Footwear and Footprints,” Evansville, IN, October 17, 2007.
- “Nerve Problems & Neuropathy of the Foot and Ankle,” St. Mary Medical Center, Merrillville, IN, June 2006.
- “The Latest Treatments for Foot & Ankle Pain,” Arthritis Foundation of Greater Chicago, 2005.
- “Diagnostic Ultrasound of the Foot & Ankle Problems,” Podiatry Surgical Residency, Merrillville, IN, September 2004.
- “New Techniques to Treat Foot & Ankle Pain,” Arthritis Foundation of Greater Chicago, 2004.
- “Pigmented Villondodular Synovitis: A Case Study and Literature Review” Presented at the 66th Annual Indiana Podiatric Medical Association Convention, October 20, 1992.
Television, Radio, Newspaper and Other Media Outlets
- Fox News (Chicago) interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on forensic podiatry and featured him in a news story (aired April 29, 2008).
- The Wall Street Journal interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on foot surgery in the article “Toe the Line: Doctors Fight Cosmetic Foot Surgery,” by Melinda Beck, July 27, 2010.
- NBC News website interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on how feet and toes can reveal medical and health problems throughout the entire body in “This Little Piggy Went to Medical School,” by Bill Briggs April 2011.
- Your Teen Magazine – Dr. Nirenberg was interviewed on foot and ankle problems in teenagers, January 2017.
- The History Channel – MonsterQuest, a reality TV show, interviewed Dr. Nirenberg (aired April 29, 2009).
- The Post-Tribune featured Dr. Nirenberg forensic podiatry expert witness experience in “Prosecutor’s office gets leg up on use of forensic podiatry,” by C. Napoleon, April 10, 2015.
- The Virginian-Pilot newspaper reported on Dr. Nirenberg’s forensic podiatry expert witness analysis in a homicide, which contributed to the conviction of the accused in “Newport News man to serve 35 years for fatal shooting,” by Margaret Matray April 30, 2015.
- Associated Press featured Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise in “Northwest Indiana Doctor Uses Expertise to Help Solve Crimes,” by Elvia Malagon, January 1, 2015.
- Smithfield Times featured Dr. Nirenberg’s forensic podiatry expert witness analysis of footwear in the homicide of Travis Newby in “Feet are like fingerprints,” by Abby Proch, January 27, 2015.
- Post-Tribune featured Dr. Nirenberg’s forensic podiatry expert witness assistance in “Crown Point foot doctor takes the stand,” by Carrie Napoleon, January 20, 2015.
- The Virginian-Pilot newspaper interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his expert witness forensic podiatry analysis of shoes in “Detectives Turn to Podiatry to Help Solve Murder Case,” by Scott Daugherty August 9, 2014.
- Canadian Medical Association Journal sought Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise on how podiatrists use foot orthotics to alleviate foot pain and problems in “Orthotics Work in Mysterious Ways,” by Roger Collier, March 8, 2011.
- Podiatry Management Magazine interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on Forensic Podiatry expert witness experience in “Forensic Podiatry: A Subspecialty for the 21st Century?” by Steven Shalot, April 2013.
- Get Healthy Magazine interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his podiatry recommendations for preventive foot care in “Proper Foot Care Can Prevent Disease,” by Christine Bryant, April 2013.
- FIRST for Women magazine sought Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise about foot problems women experience in “Relief for Aching Feet!” March 2013.
- WBBM News Radio Chicago reporter Veronica Carter interviewed Dr. Nirenberg about podiatry, foot problems and footwear. The interview aired September 13, 2013.
- DuJour Magazine interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his podiatry insights into the effects of high heels on feet in “Feet of Play: How to Wear Heels and Look Great,” by A. Giacobbe, March 2013.
- Northwest Indiana Times Newspaper interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his podiatry experience relating to foot problems that people with diabetes experience in “Importance of Foot Care for Diabetics,” Sharon Waller, February 10, 2012.
- Women’s Adventure Magazine interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his podiatry insights on the health effects of running without shoes in “Barefoot Running: Improve posture, form, and strength,” J. Olson, March 3, 2011.
- Canadian Medical Association Journal interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his podiatry insights on the risks and/or benefits of barefoot running in “The Rise of Barefoot Running,” by Roger Collier, January 11, 2011.
- Get Healthy Magazine sought Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise on the relationship between childhood obesity and foot pain in “The Importance of Healthy Habits for Kids,” Tricia Despres, April 27, 2011.
- The Indianapolis Recorder (Indianapolis, Indiana) obtained Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise on gout in “Gout becomes more common in Blacks,” by Tashaundra Golden, July 22, 2010.
- Lance Armstrong’s LiveStrong.com sought Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise about rheumatoid arthritis of the foot and ankle in “An Exercise for Ankle Locks From Rheumatoid Arthritis,” by Kimberly Wonderly, November 2010.
- Plos.org interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his forensic podiatry expertise in “The Untrodden Path of Forensic Podiatry,” By Virginia Hughes, November 2010.
- FIRST for Women magazine sought Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expertise about infections of foot and toes in “Your Risk of Catching MRSA Just Went Up,” June 2010.
- Martha Stewart’s Whole Living Magazine obtained Dr. Nirenberg’s expert advice on the health effects of barefoot activity in “Barefoot-Running Trend: Should You Go Shoeless?” July/August 2010.
- Northwest Indiana Times Newspaper featured Dr. Nirenberg on his efforts to educate pedicurists about podiatry and foot problems, such as cancer, in “Can a pedicure save your life? Podiatrist, Pedicurists Unite to Catch Foot Problems, Cancer Early,” Erika Rose, March 2010.
- Get Healthy Magazine obtained Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry expert advice on foot problems that males experience in “Dirty Boys,” by Rob Earnshaw, May/June 2009.
- Northwest Indiana Times Newspaper sought Dr. Nirenberg’s expertise about foot problems that affect people with diabetes in “Living with Diabetes,” by Rob Earnshaw, November 2008.
- Public Television (Northwest Indiana) interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his use of a fiber-optic camera in his podiatry practice to alleviate heel pain (aired July 22, 2008).
- Get Healthy Magazine interviewed Dr. Nirenberg on his use of alcohol injections in his podiatry practice to treat nerve problems of the foot in “Alcohol for the Foot: Medical Treatment Helps Alleviate Pain,” by Rob Earnshaw, September 2008.
- Northwest Times Newspaper featured Dr. Nirenberg expert ability to discover a patient’s foot pain was caused by a tumor in the neck in “Pain In The Foot Was A Tumor In The Neck,” by Marisa Kwiatkowski, July 2007.
- Vim & Vigor Magazine featured Dr. Nirenberg’s podiatry skill in determining that a patient’s foot pain was caused by a rare tumor in the neck, in “From Doctors to Detectives,” Winter, 2007.
To receive Dr. Nirenberg’s complete CV, please contact us at email@example.com today.
- Attorneys, Insurers, Law Enforcement and Case Managers
- Put Dr. Nirenberg’s 23-plus years of foot and ankle podiatry experience to work for you, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (219)663-2273 today.
Put Dr. Nirenberg’s many years as a practicing podiatrist, his thoughtful scientific reasoning, trial-tested experience and simple, plain-spoke manner, to work for you. Email or call him today!
Skype and Video Conferencing available.
Michael Nirenberg, D.P.M., B.Sc., B.A.
Friendly Foot Care, PC
50 W. 94th Place
Crown Point, IN 46307